Facet Arthropathy is degenerative arthritis that develops and affects the facet joints, which are small joints located between each vertebra. In the area of the spine where there are facet joints. It is a condition of aging and its primary cause is spinal degeneration.
How & Why Does Facet Arthropathy Develop?
Facet Arthropathy in the facet joints may occur anywhere in the spine and can stem from an injury or overuse during your youth, including:
• Overall wear and tear on your body
• Torn ligaments
• Disc problems
• Trauma to the spine
• Prior back injuries
• Sudden jerk of your neck
• Lower back pain
• Neck pain down through your shoulders and arms
• Weakness or numbness in your legs or arms
Accurate diagnosis of the source of pain is important to successfully treat Facet Arthropathy. Orlando Pain & Spine Center can provide you with a diagnosis, which begins with:
• Thorough clinical evaluation
• Complete medical history, analysis of your symptoms, and physical examination
• Additional testing, such as MRIs, X-rays, CT scans, or EMG
• Diagnostic facet Blocks, the most valuable tests to diagnose this condition.